Abstract submissions have now closed.
Abstract Submissions Open 16 September 2019
Abstract Submissions Close 18 November 2019
Abstract Presenter Registration Deadline 7 February 2020
Early Bird Registration Closes 10 January 2020
Members of the radiation oncology community and related professions are invited to submit an abstract for presentation as part of the TROG Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM). Abstracts for both poster and oral presentations will be considered. Submissions will be reviewed by the TROG ASM Organising Committee and scored on merit against pre-determined selection criteria. The contribution of presenters, like yourself, is crucial to the success of the ASM and we value your input greatly.
An abstract should summarise the important points of the proposed presentation to the ASM and highlight the original content to be communicated. It needs to be concise yet informative, and contain an outline of the background, aims, methods, results and conclusions of the work undertaken.
- Abstracts must be submitted online. If you encounter difficulties, please contact the ASM Secretariat, Encanta Event Management, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Abstracts should be 300 words maximum. The title, authors’ names, and professional affiliations are not included in the word count. To assist your preparation, abstracts must be structured under the sub-headings Background, Aims, Methods, Results, and Conclusions. Please click here to download an abstract template.
- Abstracts will not include author details. The blind-review process requires that the abstracts are anonymous. However, as part of the online submission process, you will be asked to provide author details separately. Authors’ names should be supplied in full in capital/lower case, not all capitals. Please select the presenting author via the tick box. Only one presenting author can be selected per abstract.
- Tables, graphs, images and references must not be included.
- You will be required to choose a tumour group (if applicable), a focus area/stream and provide key words that best describes your abstract.
- Abstracts accepted for poster presentation will be displayed during the ASM. Specifications will be provided prior.
- If your abstract is chosen for oral presentation, you will be contacted with further details.
- You will be asked permission to publish your abstract and confirmation that authors have provided their approval. Abstracts will be compiled into an abstract book and made available to all delegates.
All abstract submitters will be notified as to whether their abstract has been accepted for presentation in December 2019. All accepted presenters will be required to cover their own costs in attending the ASM however, delegates may be able to apply for an attendance grant. The deadline for presenters to register is 7 February 2020.
Information will be available shortly. Please check this page again soon.