What will happen during the Virtual ASM?
The format of the Virtual ASM will be very familiar to previous ASM delegates. The Meeting will feature keynote presentations and panel discussions, and will include live moderated Q&As after keynote presentations.
Additionally, there will be time for Interactive Networking with fellow delegates and opportunities to explore the Virtual Exhibition, where you will be able to engage directly with exhibitors.
What does registration include?
Registrants will have access to the online platform which will enable you to
- View keynote presentations and ask questions live.
- Participate in live interactive networking functions.
- Visit the Virtual Exhibition to meet and interact with exhibitors.
- Pre-arrange meetings with delegates, presenters & exhibitors through the Meeting Hub.
- Utilise a suite of tools to enhance your attendance including live Q&A, event notes, contact exchange and downloadable content.
What are the benefits of online meetings?
- Removal of the significant barrier of travel and accommodation expenses.
- Allowing meeting participants to participate remotely will reduce the carbon footprint, helping the environment and allowing to attend the ASM while not being absent from home or work.
- Online materials and recorded sessions will enhance the exchange of knowledge and author and audience contact, during and even after the Meeting.
Will the virtual meeting be free?
No, but the ASM will be offered at a reduced fee. Although many of the costs of a face to face meeting are no longer applicable, there are new costs and different resources required to run an online meeting.
When will I receive my link to the online portal?
A registration link will be sent to you by email one week prior to the Virtual ASM. Please check your junk folder if you do not receive the access email. If you still do not receive the email, please contact email@example.com to have this resent to you.
Will sessions be available for viewing after the Virtual ASM?
Those who register for the TROG Virtual ASM will have access to on-demand content post event. Attendees are strongly encouraged to attend the live sessions to foster networking, participation, and a conference-like experience.
Do I need reliable internet?
Yes, we recommend that you have reliable internet to get the most out of the TROG Virtual ASM. Hardwired internet is generally more reliable and faster than WiFi.
What time zone will the program be in?
The time zone will be in Australian Eastern Daylight Time. To check your time zone please click here.
Will sessions be pre-recorded or live?
The online program will be a mix of pre-recorded and live presentations. Live Q&A will be available with presenters in both formats.
Will attendees be able to ask questions and participate in sessions?
During each session, there will be a live Q&A function for you to ask presenters questions. At the end of each stream, there will be a Q&A session for all presenters. Questions asked throughout the session will be chosen by the chair to be asked however, only the session chair and presenters will be able to speak or be seen. You will be able to contact the presenter through the Meeting Hub at any time with any further questions. There is also a discussion function, which is an open forum where all participants are able to type comments as part of an online discussion.
Tips for Virtual Presenters
We’re all getting used to working from home, and that includes virtual presentations. Connecting and inspiring people has never been more important, so we have put together some tips and tricks for our presenters, to help with your virtual presentations.
Will there still be a social program?
Interactive networking functions will be held at various times throughout the ASM. During these sessions you will be able to use the online platform to engage with other attendees in real time. Depending on your time zone (and the final program) you may choose to relax in your own space and enjoy a coffee, tea or perhaps a wine whilst you chat.
Will I need to download specific software?
Specific software is not required. You will be provided with a weblink to the virtual conferencing platform. Google Chrome is the recommended browser for the TROG Virtual ASM web application. If you typically use Internet Explorer or Safari, it is recommended that you download Chrome prior to the TROG Virtual ASM. It offers Zoom facilities fully embedded in a personal and secured environment. Q&A, exhibition space and a Meeting Hub will also be offered. Full online support before and during the TROG Virtual ASM will be available to all the attendees, speakers, session chairs and exhibitors.
We strongly advise that you participate in the TROG Virtual ASM via your desktop or laptop computer that has speakers. You will also require a reliable broadband internet connection.
- Please ensure you are using Google Chrome as the browser for the Virtual ASM.
- Windows 7 is not accepted by the virtual platform, so a newer version will need to be installed. We recommend Windows 10 as it has compatibility for better audio and video accessibility.
- If links open in a different browser, please copy the link and paste it into Chrome. Safari is not recommended, some other modern browsers may work.
- If you are having trouble with sound, check your headphones/headset is connected.
- If you are unable to connect, check to ensure your internet connection is working.
- You must login using a laptop/computer rather than a handheld device.
- If you require any technical support during the event, please click on the Live Support icon in the top right hand corner of the virtual platform and our staff will be able to assist.
What is a Virtual Exhibition?
Just like a traditional exhibition at a face to face meeting, attendees can visit the virtual exhibition hall and engage with exhibitors. Attendees can view exhibitor information, download brochures, and when the exhibition is open, engage in instant meetings, by video, with exhibitors.
What is the Meeting Hub?
Just because the ASM is being held online doesn’t mean you won’t have the opportunity to network. The TROG Virtual ASM online platform includes a dedicated Meeting Hub where participants can invite each other to connect, have live chat sessions, schedule one-on-one video conferences, and much more.